Welcome to Holy Martyrs Roman Catholic Church in Oreland, Pennsylvania – Founded 1949
” . . . one of the elders spoke up and said to me, “Who are these wearing white robes, and where did they come from?” I said to him, “My lord, you are the one who knows.” He said to me, “These are the ones who have survived the time of great distress; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.”
The Holy Martyrs of the Church of Rome – Our Patrons
pictured: The Christian Martyrs Last Prayer by Leon Gerome
ADVENT REFLECTIONS FROM FORMED
SAINT CHARLES SEMINARY APPEAL 2020-2021
The Month of November is dedicated to Prayer for the
Holy Souls in Purgatory
A PRAYER FOR THE HOLY SOULS
O gentlest Heart of Jesus,
ever present in the Most Blessed Sacrament,
ever consumed with burning love
for the poor captive souls in Purgatory,
have mercy on them.
Be not severe in Thy judgments,
but let some drops of Thy Precious Blood
fall upon the devouring flames.
And, do Thou O Merciful Savior,
send Thine Angels to conduct them
to a place of refreshment, light and peace.
How can we help the souls in purgatory?
Because the one church is united in the Communion of Saints, the faithful who are still pilgrims on earth, known as the Church Militant, are able to help the suffering souls in Purgatory by offering prayers and sacrifices in suffrage for them, especially by requesting the offering of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass for their blessed repose. They also assist them by almsgiving, indulgences, and works of penance. The Saints have noted the gratitude of those who are the recipients of such graces which have been revealed to some to lessen their pains and shorten their duration.
ALL SOULS MASS ENROLLMENT
The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the highest and most powerful prayer of the Church.
In charity we pray especially for those who are enrolled in our parish Remembrance of Masses offered throughout the month of November. Enrollment Offering Envelopes are provided in your monthly packet which may be returned in the Sunday collection or at the Office.
Those enrolled will be especially remembered in the Universal Prayers of the Mass through the month of November, and in particular at our
Annual Parish Mass of Remembrance on
Sunday, November 22, at 9:00 am.
Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, Archbishop of San Francisco,
offers Traditional Latin Pontifical Mass of the Blessed Virgin Mary
at Holy Martyrs
HOLY MARTYRS STICKY BUN SALE
Famous FRITZ’S Sticky Buns $10.00 for 1/2 dozen
Choice of: Plain — Walnut — Raisin — Walnut & Raisin mixed — Cream Cheese Iced
All Orders must be received by November 13; with Pick Up the weekend of November 21 & 22 after any weekend Mass. Order forms are available on the porch of the rectory and in the church vestibules.
Click on the image above to go to the website
Thank you to Everyone who made our Non-Carnival Matching Gift Challenge
a Great Success!
Parish Lottery Calendar Fundraiser
Calendars were mailed to your home. If you do not wish to participate, please return your calendar to the parish office or place it in the collection baskets so that someone else may purchase it.
Visit Our Parish Shrines
Take a walk . . . de-stress . . . take time to pray
and let our parish grounds be a source of peace and comfort for you.
Take advantage of the many outdoor shrines and prayer spaces on our Parish grounds, especially the new Crucifix Shrine at the corner of Allison and Ulmer. The Shrine, which is typical of wayside shrines seen in many European countries, was constructed by Michael Matthews of our parish as his Eagle Scout Project. Landscaping, and the blessing and dedication, will be planned in the Fall.
We are grateful to be the recipients of this beautiful gift.
The Monument to the Veterans of the Armed Services.
Monument to the Unborn
Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of the Unborn, pray for us.
The Mary Garden
Saint Francis of Assisi, pray for us.
Saint Therese of Lisieux, pray for us.
Our Lady, Queen of Martyrs, pray for us.
The Celebration of the Sacred Liturgy at the Current Time
• The dispensation from attendance at Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation continues until further notice.
• Although the obligation to participate at Mass in person on Sundays is dispensed at this time, there is no dispensation from the Commandment to Keep the the Lord’s Day Holy, with prayer and reflection, along with the viewing of a live streamed celebration of Mass whenever possible.
• Those who are sick or compromised due to health conditions are not to come to church. Likewise, those who are at risk are not to exercise liturgical ministries.
• All public areas of the church are regularly sanitized following each gathering.
MASKS / FACE COVERINGS
• Everyone (except those 2 years of age and younger) attending Mass must wear a face covering from the time they enter the church building until AFTER they leave. The face covering should completely cover the nose, mouth and chin. Liturgical Ministers do not wear a mask while they exercise their particular ministry.
• The face covering should be removed for the reception of Holy Communion. Please follow the arrows on the floor and on the pews for the direction of the Communion procession.
• A social distance of at least six feet all around a person should be maintained at all times. Be particularly aware of keeping this distance when approaching for Holy Communion.
• Social distancing is to be observed between members of different households. But families, members of the same household, do not need to observe distancing among themselves .
NUMBERS OF OCCUPANCY
Churches in Pennsylvania may be occupied up to 75% at this time, however keeping a social distance of six feet lowers the percentage of space able to be occupied.
THE CELEBRATION OF MASS
The Sacred Liturgy is to be celebrated, as always, according to what is prescribed in the liturgical books as directed to the worship of Almighty God.
• Liturgical singing should be kept to a minimum. The Entrance Chant (The Introit), Responsorial Psalm, Verse Before the Gospel, Holy, Holy, The Mystery of Faith, Great Amen, and Communion Chant represent the minimum of sung parts. These Proper parts are the norm for any celebration of Mass, though they have often been replaced by hymns. During this time we have had the opportunity throughout the church to restore these Proper parts of the Mass.
• Instrumental music may be used for preludes and postludes, for the Offertory, and the Recessional.
• The exchange of the Sign of Peace, which is always merely optional, is to be omitted. This sign must never be a wave, or peace sign. The presentation of the Gifts at the Offertory is also omitted.
• Typically, only a cantor and instrumentalist should be used. Quartets and small choirs may be possible depending on the placement of the choir.
• Hymnals or Missalettes are not be used. Single use worship aids are permitted for one time use. A leaflet will be available at the church entrances with the chants for Mass – please take it with you when you leave.
• Holy water fonts will remain empty for now.
WEEKLY E-MAIL NEWSLETTER COMMUNICATIONS
Watch your email for our weekly Newsletter. If you know someone who is not receiving the messages, and would like to, please remind them to send their email address to email@example.com
Please also check in with our parish FACEBOOK pages – Church, Respect Life, and Carnival – for more information and spiritual reflections and prayers.
Also don’t forget to visit our parish website www.holymartyrschurch.org for information and updates. There you can access the weekly digital Parish Bulletin.
+ + + + + + +
Listen in this Monday to In His Sign Catholic Radio Network WTMR 800AM at 4:00pm
I will be the guest of Ann McGlone on her show Thy Will Be Done, for stories of St. Philomena, as well as my collection of Sacred Relics. www.inhissign.com In His Sign Catholic Radio Network, Thy Will Be Done. Don’t miss it!!!!!
You can also tune in each Friday at 11 AM Eastern for AIM HIGH on Radio Maria www.radiomaria.us hosted by Father Jason Kulczynski. Each show is normally broadcast for two consecutive weeks.
Radio Maria is available in our area on the website www.radiomaria.us or the Radio Maria App which can be downloaded for free at their website www.radiomaria.us You can also listen to the Archives of most of the broadcasts of shows from the past 8 years.
+ + + + + + +
RELEVANT RADIO – www.relevantradio.com Also in our area at 640am on the radio
Bringing Christ to the World through the Media
Join all of the hosts who bring news and information, prayers and Devotions throughout the day.
Mass is broadcast daily at 1:00pm Eastern
The Family Rosary Across America at 8:00pm Eastern
+ + + + + + +
PRAYER to Saint Joseph, Protector of the Universal Church
Composed by Pope Leo XIII in 1889
Let us pray
To you, O blessed Joseph,
do we come in our tribulation,
and having implored the help of your most holy Spouse,
we confidently invoke your patronage also.
Through that charity which bound you
to the Immaculate Virgin Mother of God
and through the paternal love
with which you embraced the Child Jesus,
we humbly beg you graciously to regard the inheritance
which Jesus Christ has purchased by his Blood,
and with your power and strength to aid us in our necessities.
O most watchful guardian of the Holy Family,
defend the chosen children of Jesus Christ;
O most loving father, ward off from us
every contagion of error and corrupting influence;
O our most mighty protector, be kind to us
and from heaven assist us
in our struggle with the power of darkness.
As once you rescued the Child Jesus from deadly peril,
so now protect God’s Holy Church
from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity;
shield, too, each one of us by your constant protection,
so that, supported by your example and your aid,
we may be able to live piously, to die in holiness,
and to obtain eternal happiness in heaven.
Photos of Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament
on DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY!
Please visit the Parish FACEBOOK pages for more information and spiritual reflections.
Sunday Mass offered for the People of Holy Martyrs Church
Click on the image below to register and begin using FORMED.
FORMED is the revolutionary digital platform that gives you access to video-based study programs, feature films, audio presentations, and eBooks from the Church’s foremost presenters . . . At the parish or on the go, FORMED allows you access to the Catholic Faith.
Our Lady, Queen of Martyrs, Pray for us
Traditional Latin Mass – April 5, 2017
The Faithful Traveler on EWTN . . .
For Information click on the picture.
Exposition of Sacred Relics
On All Saints Day at Holy Martyrs and other locations
Over 100 relics of the Lord and the Saints were on display on March 29, 2017.
Students from Regina Luminis Academy visit the Exposition of Relics
Included in the collection is a relic of the Cross of our Lord, relics from Mount Calvary and the Birthplace of our Lord. Also included are relics of the Cloak of St. Joseph, St. John the Baptist, St. Philomena, St. Francis, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Charles Borromeo, St. John Neumann, St. Katharine Drexel, St. (Mother) Teresa of Calcutta, St. John Paul II, Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati, St. Damian of Molokai, St. Therese, Venerable Fulton J. Sheen, Servant of God Fr. Walter Ciszek, and many others.
Healing for those who suffer from the pain of Abortion
View the Video of Holy Martyrs Church Groundbreaking Ceremony
The Study of the Sacred Scriptures
Listen to Father Peter Damian on Aim High, on Radio Maria:
Sincere thanks to Archbishop Charles Chaput for allowing us to bring the Altar on which Pope Francis offered Mass on the Parkway in Philadelphia in September 2015 to Holy Martyrs Catholic Church in Oreland, Pa.
Click on the image above for images of moving the Altar to our church.
Vocation Videos Produced by Joyful Films
View more films at www.joyfulfilms.com
Visit the Office for Vocations to the Priesthood of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia at
Father Stephen DeLacy, Vocation Director for the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, describes the new vocation Initiative of the Archdiocese titled, Called by Name, in the following video
Holy Martyrs Catholic Church is the home of the
National Center of the Universal Archconfraternity of Saint Philomena in the United States
visit our website at www.philomenafamilyusa.com
Visit the following links for News of the Catholic Church and Church Documents
The triumphant Lamb of God, inspiration of the victorious Martyrs.
Tuesday, April 2 — Presentation — Father Michael Shea, C.M. Mary at the Foot of the Cross
Tuesday, March 12 — Lenten Soup Supper with the Sisters of Life
Click on the pictures to link to the Sisters of Life Website